Free Visual Electrical Testing
When it comes to safety, visual inspections are a vital part of the up-keep of any electrical system. This involves a survey to immediately identify any shortcomings (i.e. non-compliance with the current BS 7671 regulations, defects, damage or deterioration of any part of the electrical installation) and whether or not the installation complies with the statutory Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
How Often Do I need A Visual Electrical Inspection?
This will depend on the type and nature of your premises. Visual inspections usually take place as an interim routine in between official periodic inspection, or they can be carried out as a spot-check in a domestic property. This is something that is unfortunately overlooked by householders, but something that is critical to the safety of yourself and your family.
Inspections For Homeowners
Commercial and industrial Installations differ from domestic premises, where it is assumed that the occupier will notice any breakage or excessive wear and arrange for an electrician to rectify it. However, any commercial and industrial installation is bound by the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989; therefore, it is essential that a visual inspection is carried out routinely.
Home Owner’s Visual Inspections
We also strongly recommend that home owners get a check carried out as they are often unaware of potential problems and whether the wiring, fixtures or fittings comply with the current regulations and is therefore safe. This is particularly true when they are new to a property.
During Your Visual Inspection, We Will Look For:
• Defects in any part of the installation
• Breakages, wear & tear, and correct positioning of fittings
• Any signs of the wiring or appliances overheating
• Confirmation that switches, sockets and fittings are not being overloaded
• Correct and secure doors/enclosures
• Required labelling and notifications
• RCDs that are operating correctly (using test button)
• Any loose fittings and missing parts (covers, screws)
Visual Electrical Inspections – Our Promise:
• We generate a Visual Inspection Report on completion
• Any remedial work needed will be quoted at our guaranteed low prices
• Your inspection will be carried out by fully qualified and insured electrical contractors with years of trade experience
• Any size of premises or portfolio can be inspected - large or small
• We can work in domestic, commercial or industrial environments
• Full testing and management service will be available for peace of mind
To arrange a site visit please call: 02477 67 47 49
ECA and ELECSA
We Are ECA and Elecsa Approved Electrical Contractors. Electrical safety is the whole reason ECA and ELECSA exists. ECA and ELECSA is the conduit between the electrical industry, the householders, the housing associations, the private landlords and the Local Authorities to ensure work is carried out to the relevant standards and has been notified.
We understand the service and support contractors really need. We provide advice, information and administrative support, as well as regular industry and regulatory updates that help you to run your businesses more effectively and efficiently.
We Are Government Endorsed | TrustMark
TrustMark is a quality mark which operates a framework under which 30 plus scheme operators work in the RMI (repair, maintenance and improvement) sector, including trade associations, local government trading standards teams, and independent scheme operators.
These schemes are approved to carry the TrustMark logo and recruit reputable and trustworthy tradesmen. This enables the TrustMark scheme operators to promote improved RMI sector standards, and tackle related issues such as better enforcement. All of these scheme operators are audited annually by TrustMark, to ensure processes, standards and complaint procedures are being maintained.
Where To Find Us:
Amazing Electricians Limited
Unit 2, Sandy Lane Business Park,
Sandy Lane, Coventry,